Monday, September 26, 2011

First Tee Fun!


Our family LOVES our local First Tee program!!

We have been participating for the last 3 years, and the kids really enjoy it. 

May 2011
I like that the kids are learning core values in addition to the game of golf.

May 2011
I also like how small our local program is, so the kids get LOTS of assistance in their game, and positive adult attention from all of the coaches.

Sept 2010

I also LOVE how well they always integrate Nathaniel into what is going on. He has played many days in his chair, and they have ALWAYS found a way to make him part of everything. Even on days when he is strong and healthy, the course can get long, but they allow him to ride in the cart when he is tired. It is wonderful to see a program that is not directed at special needs people doing SUCH a GREAT job of accommodating!

It is time for the local program to start back up after a summer break, and to kick off the new season this past weekend was the annual fundraiser and welcome back event. The county wide event was held at our local course, so the kids and I headed on over.

We met the new coaches. The kids and I both had lessons from PGA pros. We had a FABULOUS lunch for only $3 each! And of course, we wanted to see if we won the BIG prize of a family trip to Disneyland. The weather was beautiful (a first for that week I think.... it was sooooo foggy last week!) and we had lots of fun meeting new friends.

The lunch and drawing was at the end of the program, and the suspense was getting to the kids. Right when I thought they were going to LOOSE it, Audrey's raffle number got called. You will never believe what she won.....


Can you believe it???

I didn't take my camera to the event, and then my daughter wins a brand new set of golf clubs WITH a bag, and everything she needs to play golf! Amazing....

Nathaniel has clubs, but he is left handed, so Audrey can't use them. And Audrey just started playing a year ago. She BEGGED for club for Christmas last year, but I couldn't afford them. Now she has a full set of her own (minus the putter... they said we should pick one out that fits her)! God is so gracious!

Now I guess I need to figure out how we are going to fit the new time for First Tee into our week :)

If anyone local wants the new schedule, let me know! I would be glad to hook you up, and see you and your kids out there with us!



0 comments: