Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Celebrating Nathaniel!

Eleven years ago today I began I journey that I was TERRIFIED of.

But you know what?

As scared as I was of Spina Bifida, I have since learned it's just a different way of life.

But it's still life at it's fullest!

Eleven years ago today, my impatient son set his own time table, and gave me a glimpse of the way life would be from them on... all according to Nathaniel's time line!

(16 weeks pregnant and I get the Spina Bifida diagnosis.
20 weeks pregnant and Nathaniel and I undergo an extremely experimental inter uterine surgery to close his lesions.
 Let the bed rest begin!
28 weeks pregnant and my water breaks.
Let the hospitalized bed rest begin.
32 weeks, 2 days some little punk sticks his foot out and the frantic race begins.
7 minutes latter he was born in all of his glory.
All 3 pounds 15 ounces of him!
Yes, the child has had his own sense of timing from the get go!)

Little did I know eleven years ago today what an AMAZING child Nathaniel would be.

Little did I know that he would teach me far more than I could EVER teach him!

Little did I know how his strength and character and charisma would overcome SO MUCH!

Little did I know how much DEEPER my walk with the Lord would become because of such a little guy.

Little did I know just HOW MUCH the Lord was blessing me when he gave me Nathaniel James Soares to be my son.

Happy 11th Birthday my Prince of Princes!

Thank you Lord for blessing me with such an amazing son and teaching me so much through him!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday to your little man!!

Colleen said...

He stuck his foot out! OMG! I was terrified of that happening!

Happy birthday, Nat!