Monday, January 17, 2011

Today was a school holiday for us. I took the day off of my out of the house job, but I still had lots of work to catch up on here. I did a great deal of book keeping and paperwork (can you still call it that when it is all computer work now?) during the day while the kids did chores, played and had their tutor session. But then I decided we needed to get out.

In the past few weeks I have been trying to do simple, yet fun activities with the kids. Tonight we packed up the badminton stuff, a picnic and took off for a beach park.

When we first got there Audrey headed for the swings (even though she cried the whole time getting there that she did not like this park because swings were boring...) and Nat and Reb played badminton (Nat's newest obsession) and I set up dinner.

Dinner was simple, yet healthy and kid friendly. Food has been an issue in our house recently, and I have had a hard time being motivated to cook when I know the kids are just going to complain. Surprisingly tonight they ate it right up... all the while begging me for Chipino... silly kids!

After dinner mommy had a swing. I love swinging. I miss the days of heading to the park in the middle of the night to swing, pray and destress (not so easy to do now that I am a single mom..)! But tonight was fun, the kids even joined me for a while.


Then it was time for an after dinner walk.

To enjoy this beautiful place we live.

And watch God paint the skies. Not as vivid as the last few nights, but still pretty.

And maybe take a few pictures to make D homesick :)

Overall, a very simple yet fun evening.

And tomorrow the kids go back to school so I can get some real work done!! (as long as I don't start talking to my friends who I miss so much, or have to take a long nap to recover from the long weekend!)

0 comments: