Saturday, March 26, 2011

Silly, Goofy Kid Pictures and Stories!

So this post is going to be a collection of the silly kid pictures and stories I have been collecting over the past few weeks. Really, I have THOUGHT about blogging, but haven't found the time! So this cold, wet morning I am curled up in my bed with my computer and a hot cup of coffee and I am going to CATCH UP!

~~~~~~~~

A few weeks ago it was time for our annual PTA fundraiser, the Friendship Walk. During this time of the year the kids collect sponsors for the Walk A Thon at school then the walk. Most people in our life just sponsor the kids a flat rate up front... safer all the way around! Audrey had the dang cutest plea.... ummm, I mean spiel that she said to people and so many people found her irresistible! She got LOTS of sponsors!

One such fool, ummm... I mean generous person was one of our staff members, Reb. Reb sponsored Audrey a flat $5, but he kept showing up to work with $20s. Finally one night I knew Audrey had enough cash in her envelope to break a 20, so I got the change out and we made the exchange....

Little did I know she would FREAK OUT about me give Reb THREE fives, but he only gave me ONE 20... And I mean FREAK OUT!!!

We all tried to explain it to her, show her how counting by 5s worked, everything, but the tantrum continued in full force.

Finally Brianna grabbed Audrey by the hand and drug her (nicely of course) into the bedroom. I seriously thought that she was putting Audrey to bed for throwing such a tantrum.

A few minutes latter I heard giggling coming from the bedroom so I went to investigate.

Brianna, in a moment of pure genius, got out the Monopoly game to SHOW Audrey all the different ways to come up with $20. Then how to make change.

What we tried to explain to her with words over and over didn't make any difference to her, but seeing, holding and counting the Monopoly money made her get it.

Thank goodness for 16 year olds!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My daughter Audrey WILL NOT eat eggs.

She HATES them.

She throws a MAJOR FIT when I cook them.

But eggs are FREE and a great source of protein, much cheaper than meat!
There MUST be a way to make her eat them with giving me a head ache with her tantrum...

Enter 16 year old logic again.

Bri: "Audrey, who is your favorite author?"
Audrey: "Dr Seuss"
Bri: "Wanna a read a Dr Seuss book with me?"
Audrey: "Sure"

Bri goes to the bookshelf and grabs Green Eggs and Ham and they sit down and start reading. At the end of the book:

Bri: "Wouldn't it be fun if mommy made us green eggs and sausage for dinner?" (she already knew I wanted to make scrambled eggs and sausage for dinner)
Audrey: "YES!!!"
Bri: "You would EAT green eggs right?"
Audrey: "Yes, green eggs are NOTHING like eggs!"

So this is what we had for dinner.....

And they ALL ate EVERY BITE of it!

Now we have Green Eggs all the time, because they are NOTHING like regular eggs you know.....

~~~~~~~

This story has to base facts to it.

First, sometimes Nat just does NOT want to move as quickly as life needs him too.

Second, Audrey REALLY DOES pay attention when the In Homes work with Nat, whether we think she is listening or not!

So the other night we didn't have a staff member on (she was sick) and Nat was giving me hell. This is what happened next:

Me: "Why won't you do ANYTHING for me Nat?"
Nat: "I need a In Home tonight."
Me: "She is sick, we have to do this without an In Home."

Enter Audrey.
Audrey: "Nat. can I be your In Home tonight?"
(Now remember, Audrey is 2 1/2 years younger than Nat and only 8!)
Nat: "Yes, sure."
Audrey: "Okay Nat, there are two space ships racing towards each other, but your nose is in the way! You have to get your PJ'S on and your night routine done BEFORE the spaceships crash into your nose and blow your head up."
At this point Audrey sticks two stickers on Nat's face and tells him "Go!"

I am sitting there shaking my head, thinking "This is not going to be good" But was too tired to intervene.

Every time Nat dilly dallied Audrey would move the spaceships closer together, and when he was on task she was cheering him on. A few minutes latter they were giggling together and getting the routine done. Less than 15 minutes latter they were all done.

I am VERY HAPPY to report that Nathaniel diverted the spaceships and they did not crash into his nose and blow up his head!

~~~~~~

On another night, I was in the bathroom helping Nat when I realized I forgot to restock the diapers in the bathroom and needed a new bag out of the top of the closet. Since Bri was here that night, I asked her to grab a bag and bring it to me. A few seconds latter she told me the shelf was too high and she couldn't reach.

"Um.... aren't you 16 Bri? Problem solve child!" as the response she got from me.

A few seconds latter I heard Audrey squealing and making TONS of noise so I went to investigate.

I found that instead of grabbing a step stool to reach the high shelf, Brianna threw Audrey up on her shoulders and made Audrey reach the bag of diapers down! Silly child... a step stool would have been MUCH quieter... But then again, knowing Brianna she would have fallen off of the step stool and broke something else! (notice the cast on the arm??)

~~~~~~

It is well known in my house that I HATE loose teeth!!!

They are SO GROSS!!!!!

Nathaniel has had a VERY loose molar for weeks, but I have REFUSED to do anything about it, so the other night he complained to one of our staff about the tooth.



I think Katie is worth her weight in gold since she pulled out that danged tooth for us!!!

Way to go Katie!!

~~~~~~

And I think that catches me up on the random pictures I have floating around... there are still sets from Friendship Walk, St Patty's Day and Craft Day, but those are sets that need edited still :)

Hope you enjoyed a bit of randomness today on this post :)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

What a smart helper you have!

Amanda_in78 said...

Gretchen, you have such great kids!