Wednesday, April 14, 2010

random thoughts floating in my brain....

This is likely to be bouncy post with little to tie it all together, but I need to get these thoughts out of my brain :)
~
Guess what visited my house tonight?? The grocery Fairy! Yup... the little grocery fairy picked up my Harvest Bag for me today because I had a migraine and didn't have time either. Not only that, but when I was running late to work and couldn't stop where she was to get my groceries she agreed to drop them off at the house for me. I told her to just toss them in the kitchen and that I would deal with them when I got off. So around midnight tonight when I stumbled in from work I looked around the kitchen for the groceries to put away. Now I know that I am way tired, and I know that my house is in SHAMBLES (I am moving remember?) but I seriously couldn't find the groceries. So I thought I would grab a drink out of the fringe and maybe that would help me find the groceries (it's late and I was tired remember?) Guess what I found when I opened the fridge.... yes!! The Grocery Fairy PUT AWAY my groceries!!! What a blessing! It seriously brought tears to my eyes.
~
My hair has gotten REALLY long and I seriously don't have he money to deal with it, so it just is. But I have this thing about when I am working, I don't like it in my face, and I don't like it on my neck when I am working. And I have been working A LOT recently (like 18 hour days 5 and 6 days a week!) PLUS moving, so I have been seriously throwing it up. A pony tail, a knot, a bun, a hair magic, whatever... just UP. Tonight I was running late to work and actually took off with it wet and down. I had a migraine most of the day and really didn't want the weight of it on my head so I threw it in two pony tails, one just over each ear. And would you believe that I got over 20 compliments on how cute I looked tonight???? Oh My Gosh. This girl needs all the positives she can get so I think I am going to be sporting this look at work way more often :)
~
Can I tell you how much I HATE cash registers that talk back to me and make me look like a fool??? Seriously, tonight I at work I was about to throw the darned thing out the window. But I have learned to 1) laugh at myself, it make the customer more relaxed 2) blame ALL mistakes on the "silly machine thing" (especially to the guys buying beer and smokes..) and 3)smile lots. With those secret weapons MOST customers don't get mad at me for the MILLIONS of mistakes I make on the cash register :) Plus, now I even have customers that come to me and tell the other clerk "No, I will wait for her. She is more fun" I am not sure if that counts as a compliment or not.... but whatever!
~
I am seriously wondering as I lay here how I am going to get dressed in a few short hours.... all of my shirts are at one house and all of my pants are at another. The under goodies are packed in a box on the floor over there, but I am not sure where the socks or jackets are.... I could look very interesting in the morning...
~
And HOW IN THE HECK am I going to get the rest of this packed before Sunday when the guys come to help me move????? Anyone up for a packing party Saturday evening and night? I will buy the beverages and supply the music, you come help me pack boxes??? Sounds fun to me.... Anyone want to join me??
~
And the final thought of the night before I drift off to dream land (I hope.... it could just be tossing and turning land too) is that I need a night sitter SOON...and have limited funds. Anyone want to take a vacation to the WONDERFUL Central Coast... I will provide the place to stay and food, all you have to do is watch my kids a few nights a week while I work. And it's nights so they SHOULD be asleep most of it.... Anyone??? Yea. I know I am thinking WAY outside the box, but it worked with my friend who did all the house work for me not long ago.... maybe it could work for this too :) Plus they are cute kids, it would be fun!! :) I seriously thank God for this job, but will thank him EVEN MORE when things are back to "normalish" and I can quit it :)
And on that random note.... GOOD NIGHT!!!

0 comments: