Wednesday, March 24, 2010

as promised.....

In my last post I told you that my computer ate my sunrise pictures :( It's true.... silly computer was hungry! SO this morning, in the midst of the chaos that was my morning, I attempted to take more for you. Unfortunately, with the time change and all, the sunrise wasn't as strong as usual during my devotional time, but it's still pretty :) And I love watching it through the dark trees and power lines.
My devotional reading this morning also really spoke to my heart and drove home a point that I have been turning over and over in my mind. The devotional was discussing Communication Principles, and one of the points was the The Principle of physical touch. This is what the devotional had to say: This is hard to apply once an argument has started. So when you know you're about to embark on a touchy subject you may find it beneficial to hold hands or sit close so you naturally touch. Ever notice it's hard to fight with someone when you're making physical contact?

Interestingly, I have just experienced an extended time of close confidence and sharing with a dear friend. This friend and I could talk about so many hard subjects in my life, and he didn't hold much back, but I always felt safe during these talks. Reflecting on why I came to the realization that even if I was feeling overwhelmed or depressed about what we were talking about I knew and could feel his friendship, and that was usually because he was touching me somehow! A hug, a squeeze of the hand, a hand resting on my shoulder as he delivered a blow. So me, especially since one of my very strong love languages is physical touch. Now compare that with my husband who never touched me at all.... hmmm.... no wonder I felt safe with one and not the other!

And that drives home another fact that has been nagging the back of my mind.... I miss my friend!!!! I hope he is somewhere happy, because I miss him!!! :)

0 comments: