Monday, March 22, 2010

As the reality of moving becomes more and more clear to my heart I am noticing things that I am really going to miss about this home that I have poured my heart into for the last 10 years.
One things for sure is this glorious rose plant in my garden. I truly have a black thumb and kill almost everything I ever plant. But when we moved in here there was a rose garden started and I gave it a shot at keeping it alive. So far I have done rather well, but I think it has way more to do with the persistence of all of the roses that were already established than anything I have ever done! Any plants that I have tried to add have not survived, but the ones that were here when we moved in still thrive.
This is by and far my favorite one. The coloring on these roses is BEAUTIFUL and they are so hardy too. The plant blooms at least three times per year, and I am in heaven when it is blooming. I feel blessed that it is coming into bloom right now, just before we have to leave. I get one more chance to enjoy this splendor of God!

Another thing I am going to miss is the views sitting at my picnic table in the front yard. I was recently reintroduced to this and am so thankful for that blessing by a dear friend. I have come to spend A LOT of time at that table in recent months!

This is looking over the top of my house. I often sit and contemplate life here, gazing at this. Especially of late, when I have so much quiet time to think about things. I sit at the table, have a smoke and think about things. One thing that always strikes me about this view is the wide open sky all around, then there is that small path between the trees. I feel like it's such a good analogy of life. Life is so big and so full, like the sky, but the right path is narrow in all of that bigness. This is really obvious too in the storms of life, when things are all tossed around and those trees are almost touching from the storms, still the right path is narrow and often not the easiest one!

Another thing I took a picture of was the sun rising through the trees in the other direction. I love this view as I sit and read my Bible at that same table in the morning. And as much as I wanted to share it with you, my computer obviously didn't, because it ate the pictures :) Guess I will have to try to capture it again another day for you!

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty that I will be happy to leave here. Many devastating memories, much sadness and much broken heartiness, but there are good things too. And those good things are the memories I want to carry forward with me. The ones I want to document so my children can have them.

Blessings on your day!

0 comments: