Friday, October 8, 2010

An Amazing Medicine!

I have long forgotten what laughter can do for one's heart...

It seems like forever since I have felt like laughing, 
But just this week I have been filled with laughter, and it has been so healing to my heart!

Just the other night I went to a group that I have recently started attending. The group has been a real heart blessing to me, but the blessing REALLY hit me this week. I am T.I.R.E.D. Work is crazy, kids are crazy, keeping up with the house is crazy, and Nathaniel's health continues to throw me right over the edge. (Just that day, before the group, I learned that Nathaniel needs yet another surgery. This will be the 3rd and 4th surgeries of THIS YEAR. Oh man.) So I was tired as the time approached for this group. I was so tempted to go to the beach and take a nap instead of attending group, but I chose not to. I am so glad that I chose to go to the group. I sat on the floor and was blessed by a great discussion, but even more I was BLESSED to find myself laughing. Really, from the heart, joyful laughter. And as I sped home (we don't do the greatest job of getting out on time..) I reflected on the fact that it has been a LONG time since I could just relax and laugh in a situation. What a treat.

So with that lesson fresh in my heart, I looked at my daughter this morning and just laughed. Now this is REALLY HUGE, because the control oriented, organized mommy in me wanted to "fix her", but then I remembered laughing... So I scooped her up and giggled with her and let her explain her "glorious creation" to me. After a few minutes I did gently ask her if she wanted mommy's help with her creation, but I got an EMPHATIC "NO!!" on it.... so I let her go off to school with her glorious creation.....

 After all, it's jsut hair, and if she changes her mind she can take the clips out!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
Proverbs 17:22

0 comments: